Club Swan 42 - UXORIOUS III - Sold by Yeoman Yachts
|Model||Club Swan 42|
|Location||Oyster Bay, NY - USA|
|LOA||42 ft 0 in|
|Asking Price||USD 217,500|
In the spring of 2005, the New York Yacht Club approached several designers requesting a proposal for a new One Design yacht for the Club members and other sailors to enjoy traditional Corinthian racing. The boat was to be fast, fun to sail and rate well under the IRC Rule.
Nautor's Swan teamed up with the German Frers design team to present their proposal. After a thorough investigation of all of the submissions, the NYYC OD Committee selected the Nautor/Frers team to design and build the new One Design yacht. Thus the birth of a new Swan!
The new yacht is designed to take full advantage of the latest thinking in design and construction. The yacht is light and extremely fast. It features for the first time on any Swan a retractable bowsprit. This allows for a very large and easy to handle downwind sail inventory.
As per requirement of the NYYC OD Committee, it is a racer/cruiser with the ability to win races and provide for enjoyable cruising. Nautor produces the yachts with a bright and airy interior. They are fitted with a complete inventory of standard equipment, provide a choice of two interior layouts, and offer an intelligent list of options.
Uxorious (excessively submissive or devoted to one's wife) is in excellent condition and has been very lightly used since 2009.
- Fuel: 39.6 US gal 140 ltr
- Water: 84.5 US gal 320 ltr
- Hot water: 5.30 US gal 20 ltr
- Holding Tank: 15.9 US gal 60 ltr
- DC Power: 12V 320 Ah
- Engine: Volvo Penta - 40 SHP29 kW
Rig and sail dimensions
- IG: 59.06 ft 18.00 m
- J: 16.34 ft 4.98 m
- P: 56.56 ft 17.24 m
- E: 18.95 ft 5.78 m
- ISP: 62.96 ft 19.19 m
- Sail areas
- Fore triangle: 485 sq.ft 45.08 m²
- Main sail: 661 sq.ft 61.40 m²
- Jib: 514 sq.ft 47.80 m²
- Spinnaker: 1991 sq.ft 185 m²
Factory specification and extras
- Infusion moulded E-glass / vinylester laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas.
- Sandwich with closed cell foam cored hull, with higher density foam in bottom and slamming areas.
- Fibre reinforcements are multiaxial and unidirectional.
- Structural bulkheads are of veneered sandwich construction or marine grade waterproof plywood. Watertight bulkhead at bow, drained fore peak.
- Bottom stiffeners reinforced with unidirectional carbon and multiaxial glass fibre in selected areas.
- GRP engine beds.
- Stainless chainplate deck fittings
- Topsides gelcoat, white hull with RAL 5003 dark blue stripes.
- Epoxy coated bottom, sprayed finish, colour grey RAL 7005.
- T-keel, steel fin with Antimony alloyed lead bulb and with upper flange recessed into hull. The fin is bolted to hull with high tensile steel bolts.
- Epoxy coated
- Faired to class tolerances
- Single-point lift
- Foam filled rudder blade of GRP from female mould. Currently removed and in forward cabin.
- Carbon/epoxy stock
- Epoxy coated
- An aluminium quadrant, wire steering with chain and sprocket. The rudder bearings are self-aligning. Roller bearing sheaves
- Twin composite pedestal integrated with cockpit sole.
- There are twin carbon steering wheels 935mm
- A lightweight aluminium emergency tiller.
- Infusion moulded E-glass vinylester laminate sandwich deck with glass skins and closed cell foam core.
- High density core or compact laminate under winches and deck hardware as appropriate.
- Single colour white gelcoat with moulded in non-skid
- Winches and windlasses
- Winches Harken aluminium alloy:
- Primary winches 2 x Harken B530TCR three speed top cleat
- Mainsheet winches B 53. 2STA
- Cabin top winches B 44. 2STA
- Sail handling systems
- Harken aluminium jib sheet tracks with purchase adjuster system
- Harken aluminium main sheet track
- Harken halyard lead blocks
- Single-line jib inhauler system
- Spinlock clutches
- Bowsprit and furler controls lead aft under deck
- Pad eye both sides for outboard sheeting
- Crossover sheave for halyards on both sides
- Halyards and reef lines are lead aft to the cockpit below deck
- Deck fittings
- The pushpit, pulpit and stanchions are of stainless steel.
- The life lines are 600 mm high, with lower life lines at minimum ISAF/ORC height. There is one pair of mooring cleats at bow.
- Built-in GRP foot chocks for helmsman/tactician and mainsheet trimmer and built-in GRP foot chocks at centerline in cockpit.
- There is a boarding ladder aft and a flagpole holder on stern.
- Mast collar with rubber
- The grab rails are on each side of coach roof and companionway.
- Headstay attachment on stemhead (below deck for Reckmann furler)
- Two folding pad-eyes for harness attachment in cockpit.
- Safety lines attachment to pulpit and pushpit base.
- ISAF/ORC regulation toe rails (30 mm high) moulded in on the foredeck.
- GRP mouldings and vents
- Deck stowage on foredeck and in lazarette
- Lockers for storage in cockpit coamings on both sides
- Locker for storage in port side aft coaming
- Life raft stowage on deck at companionway (GRP cover)
- Hatches and windows
- Anchor stowage hatch
- One foredeck hatch Lewmar size 60
- One saloon overhead hatch Lewmar size 44
- One ventilation hatch in head Lewmar size 03
- Four fixed coaming windows
- Two openable size 1 coaming portholes - in aft, galley and navigation area
- Four openable size 1 coaming portholes in cockpit for aft cabins
- One hatch to lazarette
- Main companionway sliding hatch garage flush with coach roof.
- The main companionway consists of removable plexiglass drop boards with designated stowage.
- Interior finish: teak with satin white GRP/canvas lining
- Lockable plywood floorboards covered with bamboo veneer
- Overhead liner GRP moulding, bonded in place. Removable vinyl cover panels will provide access to deck hardware
- Foam mattresses over Scandi-Flex battens
- Curtains for side windows and handrails throughout
- Canvas lee cloths for lower saloon and aft cabin berths
- Transparent PVC cover for floorboards
- Forward cabin
- Double berth with stowage under
- Removable support structure for racing (currently all removed and in store)
- Reading lights above the berth
- Locker with shelves and doors
- Shelves on hull sides
- Aft cabins
- There are aft cabins on port and starboard side (mirror image)
- Double berth
- Stowage under berth
- Shelf on hull side
- Hanging locker in starboard side cabin, locker with shelves in port side cabin
- Folding leaf table
- Settee backrests fold up and convert into Pullman berths, storage behind backrests
- Tanks below settees
- Two-burner alcohol stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
- Stainless steel double sinks with fresh water tap
- Formica counter tops and sink cover
- Drawer and lockers
- Top loading refrigerator 105 l gravity drained with valve
- Garbage bin
- Navigation area
- Forward facing chart table with seat
- Chart stowage under table top
- Chest of drawers
- 1 x B and G Hercules CPU
- Hercules Handbook 1.00
- 2 x H3000 FFD Hercules
- 1 x H3000 GFD Hercules (Monocrome)
- 4 x H3000 20/20 Display - Red
- 1 x H3000 Analogue: Magnified AWA
- SEN-DPT-Depth Transducer & Housing 1.00
- SEN-SPD-HP Speed Transducer & Housing 1.00
- VMHU 42" 1.00
- Barometric Pressure Sensor x 1.00
- HALCYON Gyro ACP2 Add-On Pack x 1.00
- RAY54E VHF(Charcoal) UK Program x 1.00
- Antenna DGPS 5HZ LEICA x 1.00
- TRON Custom MJB 1.00
- TRON Antenna with LLOSS CO-AX x 1.00
- BG Remote Vision System x 1.00
- TRON Load pin system 5/8 pin x 1.00
- BH DFW v8 FOR (C-Map Sub) Dongle
- 1 x TRON Panasonic Deck Screen
- 1 x TRON 8" TFT Screen
- HALCYON 2000 Compass x 1.00
- BG Winning Tides Upgrade x 1.00
- C-MAP Chart M-EW-C201.10 x 1.00
- There are two SUUNTO magnetic compasses, mounted on each steering pedestal.
- A VHF antenna is in mast top
- Toilets, showers general
- White GRP interior module with wash basin
- Lockers outboards and doors in teak
- Fresh water tap, shower, mirror and waste container
- Removable front part of engine box incorporates teak ladder
- Service hatches
- Engine control panel recessed in cockpit
- 25 mm sound proofing
- Volvo Penta D2-40 130 S marine diesel 29 kW 40 Hp
- Propulsion system
- Sail drive 2.19:1 and 2-blade 17” racing folding propeller
- Fuel system
- 140 l fuel in two polyethylene tanks. Tank level indication for fuel.
Plumbing & Ventilation
- Fresh water system
- Fresh water 320 l in polyethylene tanks. Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Back-up foot pump for fresh water and Oras single lever mixing faucets.
- Sea water system
- Flush mounted composite closing seacock for all through hull fittings below waterline.
- Black water system
- Jabsco Marine toilet, using sea water for toilet flushing
- Y-valve in forward head, overboard discharge / holding tank.
- Flexible holding tank 55 l / 14.5 USg. Manual toilet discharging to holding tank. Tank emptied by hand pump or deck suction.
- Drainage system
- Two manual and one electric bilge pump
- Engine space air inlet from deck
- Refrigeration system
- Battery driven refrigeration unit
- Shore power 110 V AC system (220 V AC for EU boats)
- 30 Amp shore power cord and inlet
- 110 V outlet at chart table (220 V for EU boats)
- GFI duplex receptacle
- Inverter / battery charger
- Earthing system
- Bottom of mast, shrouds and stays are grounded to the keel.
- 12 V DC insulated return system for lighting and general service
- Main switchboard 12 V DC outboard of chart table
- Service battery of AGM type 12 V 2 x 160 ah in saloon table base
- 12 V outlet at chart table.
- Engine and generator DC
- Starting battery 12 V 50 Ah
- 115 A alternator with an electronic sensor
- Electrical panels
- Main distribution panel contains 12 V DC gauges and 110 V AC gauges and circuit breakers, lighted.
- Navigation lights:
- Red/green LED lights on pulpit
- White stern LED light on pushpit
- Steam light / deck light on forward side of mast
- Recessed halogen dome lights overhead
- Flexible chart light at navigation station
- Red light above navigation station and in galley
- There are two SUUNTO magnetic compasses, mounted on each steering pedestal.
- A VHF antenna is in mast top
- There is pre-wiring for B&G electronics
- One-piece seamless carbon fibre spar from Hall Spars & Rigging
- Hall already builds the one-design masts for the Swan 45 and Swan 601, in addition to many custom boats built by Nautor. Hall Spars & Rigging is located a few short miles from the NYYC base in Newport, RI, and the Halls - Eric and Ben Hall - are long-time NYYC members.
- The Club Swan 42 carbon mast is supplied with a clear-coat finish. The 15/16ths rig is set up for fractional upwind sails and masthead spinnakers. Two sets of swept-back spreaders support the runner-less rig, and the Hall-Antal mainsail luff track accepts either a boltrope or sliders. The mast step facilitates fore-and-aft adjustment with a hydraulic mast step to further enhance the tuning process. Hall designed and constructed the carbon-fibre bowsprit system. Standing rigging is Navtec rod with an aramid backstay, and Hall also supplies running rigging.
- Clear-coated carbon fibre double spreader fractional rig. Windex with light and one coaxial cable
- Mechanical vang
- Carbon retractable bowsprit in waterproof garage
- All blocks and winches for asymmetrical spinnaker
- Mainsail track for all OD racing
- Combined mainsail luff groove and track system
- Booms and poles
- Black painted aluminium boom and aluminium spreaders swept 20 degrees
- Single line reefing arrangements for two reefs
- Standing rigging
- Navtec rod rigging with discontinuous shrouds, Series 500 deck turnbuckles.
- Running rigging
- Complete basic race set-up running rigging package.
- Mainsheet double ended
- Two spinnaker halyards at masthead and hounds
- Flag halyard on starboard spreader
- Recessed Reckmann RS3000-S2 recessed carbon furler with dual groove carbon foil, integrated adjuster with 60mm stroke, stroke indicator
- Rig hydraulics
- Holmatro hydraulic backstay system with two carbon control panels in cockpit
- Hall Spars hydraulic mast jack
- Original North training sails
- Mainsail 3 dl
- Code 1,2,3,4 Jibs
- Code 1,2,4 A-sails
- Dacron Storm Jib and Trysail
- The above sails are not guaranteed as to their serviceability
- Uxorious Quantum Sails
- Q2007 Main grey ds
- Q 2007 Code 1 Grey Zip
- Q2007 Code 2 Grey Zip
- Q2007 Code 3 Grey Zip
- Q2007 Code 4 Grey Zip
- A5 Aspi Grey Brick
- 2007 Q Main B Grey Sausage
- 2007 Q Code 2 B Grey Zip
- 2007 Q Code3 B Grey Zip
- 2007 Q A2 Aspi Grey Brick
- 2007 Q A4 Aspi Grey Brick
- Storm Jib Grey DS
- Trisail Grey DS
- Owner's Manual in English
- Sailing gear
- Four winch handles, two of these double grips and two winch handle holders
- Fire fighting equipment
- Remote control fire extinguisher in engine space
- Spare parts and tools
- Assorted engine spare parts
- Assorted engine tool kit
- OD certification from builder
- IRC measurement One design certificate
- Canvas cover for steering wheels
- Two canvas halyard tail bags by companionway
- Boat cover, own cradle (to be moved to buyers cost) keel cradle.
- Mast and Boom covers.
- Cover for forestay
A complete inventory will be available prior to contract, which will contain a list of all items to be included within the sale.
NOT INCLUDED IN SALE
Personal effects, including, personal tools, navigation equipment, cutlery, crockery, glassware etc.