Swan 42 - EAGLES GIFT - Sold by Yeoman Yachts
|Location||Newport - Rhode Island - USA|
|LOA||42 ft 0 in|
|Asking Price||USD 90,000|
EXCELLENT PRICE OPPORTUNITY, SELLER WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS
Major refit in 2009/10 including the following: new Yanmar diesel engine, new standing rigging, new headsail roller furler, new North genoa, new deck plan to include fewer winches and line stoppers, all lines led aft, new water maker, new fridge and freezer, new pressure pumps, new Jabsco head and associated plumbing, new filters, new and additional diesel tank, new prop and prop shaft, new house and start batteries, new bimini, new 6 pack life raft, new drive for auto pilot, new hydrovane, new bearings and seals for rudder, new antifouling, new fenders and updated EPIRB.
The refit was configured in preparation for a Trans Atlantic sail the owner completed in 2010. Since then EAGLE'S GIFT has sailed back across the Atlantic in the ARC in 2011 in which she won her class. EAGLE'S GIFT then sailed to Newport, RI in the spring of 2012.
One of the defining features of EAGLE'S GIFT is the boat was built with non skid painted fiberglass decks on the side decks, as opposed to teak overlay. There is, however, teak overlay on the cockpit seats and floor.
EAGLE'S GIFT was kept on the Great Lakes for the majority of her life. Not only does she not have the corrosion seen on salt water boats but EAGLE'S GIFT also benefits from being stored 9 months a year in a heated shed during those winter months. She was first introduced to salt water in 2005. EAGLE'S GIFT is hull #038 and the last Swan 42 built.
EAGLE'S GIFT is a spectacular example of the Swan 42 and she comes highly recommended.
Please note the following which significantly distinguishes this Swan 42, EAGLE'S GIFT, from other sailing yachts presently on the brokerage market:
For the majority of her life EAGLE'S GIFT was kept on the fresh water Great Lakes.
She was stored in a heated building for the off season months
Fiberglass, not teak, side decks.
EAGLE'S GIFT is the last Swan 42 built of this model taking advantage of the knowledge learned from the previous 37 Swan 42s.
Major refit in 2009/10 including the following: new Yanmar diesel engine, new standing rigging, new headsail roller furler, new North genoa, new North Genneker, new deck plan to include fewer winches and line stoppers, all lines led aft, new water maker, new fridge and freezer, new pressure pumps, new Jabsco head and associated plumbing, new filters, new and additional diesel tank, new prop and prop shaft, new house and start batteries, new bimini, new 6 pack life raft, new drive for auto pilot, new bearings and seals for rudder, new antifouling, new fenders and updated EPIRB.
Hull and deck
White gel coat, solid fiberglass hull, with blue waterline stripes and sheer stripe. Baltiplate bottom paint. Trapezoidal fin keel with spade rudder. Rudder bearings replaced (2010). Three blade folding prop. Reverse transom with storage tube for man overboard pole.
Unique to this Swan 42 the decks do not have teak overlay except for the cockpit seats and cockpit sole. The remainder of the decks are fiberglass with two tone gray non-skid paint and white shine areas. Standard two cockpit layout. Aft cockpit with steering station is seperated by a bridge deck from the forward cockpit with access to the companionway. The bridge deck allows for headroom in the aft cabin. The decks were reconfigured in 2010 for more efficient and modern use. All of the running rigging is lead aft and line stoppers have been added.
- Anchor locker access from a hatch on the foredeck
- Windlass located inside locker.
- Stainless steel bow and stern rails
- Stainless steel stem head fitting with single delrin roller
- Double, 1x19, stainless steel, wire life lines
- Lifeline gate port and starboard
- Gate in stern rail with fold down swim ladder
- 2 deck prisms over the forward cabin
- Aluminum silver anodised toe rails
- Aluminum genoa tracks with twin Lewmar adjustable sheet blocks
- Mainsheet traveler with Lewmar hardwear
- 2 cockpit seat lockers, 1 each to port and starboard
- Additional seat locker for propane aft under curved helm seat
- 2 pair of mooring cleats, 1 pair forward and 1 pair aft, each with a fairlead
- Radar antenna post aft to port
- 1 Dodger over companionway
- 1 Dodger protecting forward end of aft cockpit
- Pedestal steering with stainless steel wheel and elkhide cover
- Stainless steel pedestal guard
- 1 large sliding hatch over the forward cabin
- 2 small opening hatches over the forward cabin
- 1 hatch over the saloon
- 1 hatch over aft cabin
- Dorade vent over the forward cabin
- 2 dorade vents, 1 each over the galley and navigation station
- Each dorade vent has stainless steel protection rails
- 2 mushroom vents, 1 each over the head and aft cabin
- 1 mushroom vent in the forward cockpit to the aft cabin
- 2 opening ports in the forward cockpit, 1 each to the galley and navigation station
- 1 opening port in the aft cockpit to the aft cabin.
All serviced 2010
- All black anodised, self tailing, 2 speed by Lewmar
- 2 x #65, primaries
- 2 x #55, secondaries
- 2 x #48, halyard and reef lines
- 2 x #46, utility
- 1 x #40, mainsheet
Sleeps 8 in three seperate cabins. 2 in the forward cabin, 3 in the aft cabin and 3 in the main saloon. 1 head. Interior finished with Burmese teak with hand rubbed finish. Teak and holly cabin sole throughout except where noted.
2 canvas pipe berths with foam tops that fold up against the hull. Also available are wooden bunk tops with thicker foam tops for increased comfort, with rails. Storage bins under the berths. Teak slats, as opposed to teak and holly, over the cabin sole. Teak slats on the hull sides. Storage with shelves and hanging locker aft port and starboard. Additional storage in drawers and cupboard against the aft bulkhead. Steps up to the sliding deck hatch.
Located aft of the forward cabin. "L" shaped settee to port with fold out to make a small double berth. Straight settee to starboard. Tan velour type upholstery. Stainless steel water tanks under the settees. Storage lockers behind the settee seat backs. Shelving and storage lockers above and behind each settee. Table on the centerline with folding leaves each side. Small storage compartment in table top for bottles.
Located aft of the saloon and on the port side. "L" shaped. Two stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water. Salt water foot pump. Filtered fresh water foot pump. Fresh water tank vents. Sea Frost fridge and freezer (new 2010) air and water cooled with holding plates and spill over to fridge. 6.2 cubic feet of refrigeration is driven via an engine compressor. Mobilife propane three burner stove with oven and heavy weather safety strap. Shelving outboard. Drawers aft. Dish storage locker under companionway.
Located starboard side opposite the galley and aft of the saloon. Forward facing. Curved seat for added comfort at sea. Surrounded by navigation electronics, communications electronics and 12 volt DC panel. Companionway located between the navigation station and the galley. Custom cabinetry added up high and behind the companionway steps. Engine access below the companionway steps.
Located in the stern. Double berth to starboard, single berth to port. Seat between berths. Vanity forward and on the centerline with access to the aft end of the engine under the vanity.
Located on the starboard side between the navigation station and the aft cabin. Access door from both aft cabin and navigation station. Jabsco head and plumbing (new 2010). Sink with hot and cold pressure water. Telephone type shower. Teak grating on the cabin sole.
Mechanics and hydraulics
Yanmar 4JH5-E, 56hp (new 2010)
300 hours on the engine
Transmission (new 2010)
Prop shaft (new 2010)
Engine panel at helm station with instruments and Morse control (2010)
Racor fuel filter new 2010)
Dripless shaft seal on prop shaft
Sails and rigging
- Silver anodised, aluminum, double spreader Nautor built mast
- Silver anodised, aluminum, Nautor built boom
- 2 x silver anodised, aluminum, Nautor built spinnaker poles with deck stowage fittings
- Silver anodised, aluminum, Nautor built spinnaker strut with deck stowage fittings
- Navtec stainless steel rod rigging (new 2010)
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang
- Navtec hydraulic backstay
- Navtec hydraulic babystay
- Harken headsail roller furling sysytem (new 2010)
- Racing full batten mainsail
- Delivery full batten mainsail
- Roller furling genoa (North 2010)
- Roller furling jib
- Storm jib
- Storm trysail
- Other sails include 4 x spinnakers
- 2 x staysails
- 7 x genoas and jibs
- Many of the sails are mid to late 1990s vintage with relatively light use.
Electronics and Navigation Instruments
- Alpha autopilot (with new drive unit 2010)
- Raytheon R-10XX radar
- Northstar 6000i at pedestal and navigation station
- Suunto pedestal compass
- Standard Horizon Quest VHF at helm station
- B and G analogue displays at forward end of aft cockpit include magnified wind direction, wind direction, apparent and true wind speeds, true wind angle, boat speed, depth, log and VMG and 390 controller with next leg bearing
- B and G Hercules system 390 master display at navigation station
- Other instruments at navigation station includes B and G boat speed, true wind angle and depth
- Icom HF Marine IC-M802 SSB
- Icom IC-M502 VHF
- Northstar 951X GPS navigator
- 110 volt shore power system
- Shore power cord
- 110 volt outlets throughout interior
- 110 volt panel under seat in aft cabin
- Anchor windlass and other electrical system switches under navigation station seat
- 12 volt DC system
- House batteries, 12 volt (2010) located under starboard aft cabin berth
- Engine start battery, 12 volt (2011)
- Balmar 100 amp, 12 volt alternator
- 12 volt electrical panel at navigation station
- 12 volt outlet at helm station
- Katadyn water maker (new 2010)
- Lofrans Cayman T1000 Electric windlass. Horizontally mounted in the anchor locker. Winch and chain gypsy. Electric "up" foot switch
- 45lb CQR anchor with chain and rode
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Rule mate electric bilge pump
- Fireboy Halon 130, fire system
- 6 pack life raft (new 2010)
- Radar reflector
- 3 x fenders
- Racor fresh water filter under galley sink
- Kenwood stereo with CD player
- VDO Quarz-Zelt clock
- VDO barometer
- 2 x Hella turbo fans in saloon
- Emergency tiller
- Cockpit table
- Additional fuel tank added to assist with long distance cruising (2010)