For Sale: SWAN 40
|Beam||12 ft 10 in|
|Draft||5 ft 4 in|
I challenge anyone to find a better kept Swan 40, on or off the brokerage market, anywhere in the world at this time! This Centerboard version of the very popular Swan 40 had a total refit under the present owner in 2010. This refit included, in part, new teak decks, new engine, new sails, new cushions throughout, new electronics, a rigging over haul and a lot more. Another electronics refit occurred in early 2019. Since 2010 this Swan 40 has been captain maintained and used for day sails only in the summers. During the winter months, since 2010, she has been hauled and covered. Highly recommended.
Solid fiberglass hull with white gel coat.
Blue sheer and double waterline stripes (painted 2017/2018).
Hull sand blasted to fiberglass and re-coated with Seahawk barrier coat (2017/2018).
- 2 cockpit deck plan with a companionway from the mid cockpit.
- The bridge-deck allows for headroom on the aft cabin.
- Teak deck (2010) glued down.
- Stainless steel stem head fitting with single anchor roller
- Solid aluminum toe rail
- Stainless steel bow rail with teak seat
- Stainless steel stern rail with outboard bracket
- Stainless steel stanchions with 1 x 19 double lifelines
- Lifeline gate port and starboard and in stern rail
- Fold down transom boarding stair with swim ladder
- Stainless steel handrails on coachroof, port and starboard
- Stainless steel handrail at companionway
- Lewmar Concept 2 electric windlass with chain gypsy and rode winch
- Up and down foot switches for windlass
- Turning blocks at base of mast (new 2018)
- 45lb CQR anchor
- Fortress FX18 anchor
- Wheel steering
- Stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover
- Outboard bracket on stern rail
- Stainless steel Kato dinghy davits (2000)
- Large lazarette locker in cockpit
- Port and starboard cockpit seat lockers
- Main sail traveler and track
- Harken genoa tracks with 2 cars on each
- 2 x screw in guy stand up blocks
- Fwd companionway dodger
- Aft cockpit dodger
- Bimini (2008)
- Awning for aft end of deck
- Awning for foredeck
- Cockpit table
- 1 x pair mooring cleats with fairleads fwd
- 1 x pair fairleads midship
- 1 x pair mooring cleats with fairleads aft
- 1 x pair padeyes midship
- 1 x pair Alpine, aft cockpit speakers
- All running rigging led aft to mid cockpit
- 2 x winch handle pockets mid cockpit
- all by Lewmar
- 1 x pair, #48, ST, gray anodized, secondaries
- 1 x pair, #64, ST, gray anodized, primaries
- 1 x pair, #44, ST, gray anodized, halyard and utility
- Winches services (2017/2018)
Sleeps a total of 7. 2 in each of the 2 sleeping cabins and 3 in the main saloon. 2 heads. Interior finished with hand rubbed varnished teak veneer over marine ply. Teak and holly cabin sole. White leather upholstery in the main saloon with cloth cushion covers in the sleeping cabins. All locker latches and door handles renewed (2017/2018). Some interior varnish work touched up from time to time to maintain top quality appearance. All cushions, throw pillows, curtains, custom bedding and lee cloths replaced (2010).
"V" berth with ample storage under. Extra storage lockers over the bunks port and starboard. Seat aft of starboard bunk. Hanging locker aft to starboard.
Located aft and to port of the forward cabin. Fiberglass unit to half height. Lockers outboard. Jabsco head (new 2010) with "Y" valve and holding tank. Mirror. Sink with hot and cold pressure water. Telephone type shower.
Straight settee to port and starboard. Pilot berth over port settee. Lockers and TV over starboard settee. Table on centerline with folding leaves port and starboard.
Located in the walkway through to the aft cabin. 3 burner Alpes propane stove with propane and electric oven. Air extractor fan over stove. Coolmatic refrigeration air cooled. Frigoboat 12volt freezer water cooled under aft bunk. Double stainless steel sinks on the centerline. Pressure hot and cold fresh water. Foot salt and fresh water pumps. 3 water tank vents.
located on the starboard side aft of the saloon. Forward facing. Surrounded with navigation and communication instruments as well as breaker panel.
Accessed via the galley on the port side. Offset double bed on the starboard side. Seat with vanity on the port side. Lockers port and starboard.
Located fwd and to starboard of the aft cabin. Fiberglass unit to half height. Sink with pressure hot and cold water. Telephone type shower. Jabsco manual head (new 2010) with "Y" valve and holding tank
PLUMBING and VENTILATION
- Salt water deck wash
- Hot and cold fresh water shower at transom
- Stainless steel fresh water tanks
- Par manual heads with "Y" valves
- Stainless steel Holding tank for each head
- Sea water spigot at galley
- Water accumulator tank (new 2017/2018)
- Electric automatic bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Manual pump for anchor chain locker
- 8 x opening ports
- 5 x deck hatches (lenses replaced with new 2017)
- Dorade vent fwd of mast with 2 cowl vents and stainless steel protection bar over and mushroom vent
- 110 volt AC shore power
- 110 volt outlets throughout the interior
- 12 volt DC ships power
- 12 volt outlets at fwd dorade and in aft cockpit
- DC breaker panel (2006)
- 105 amp alternator for house batteries
- Alternator for engine start battery
- Freedom inverter/battery charger (new 2019)
- Link 1000 battery monitor(2006)
- House batteries (new 2019)
- Battery parallel switch
- 12 volt Hella turbo fans throughout the interior
- Interior lighting replaced with LED (2017/2018)
- Dimmer for saloon overhead lights
- Red lights in galley, navigation station and saloon
- Indirect lighting in bookshelves in saloon
- Steaming light on front of mast
- Tricolor mast head light with cable (new 2019)
Mast head wand replaced (2019)
Raymarine transducer/knot meter paddle (2019)
Raymarine wind display in cockpit (2019)
Raymarine MFD in cockpit (2019)
Raymarine Axiom 7 display at helm (2019)
Raymarine Axiom 7 display at nav station (2019)
Icom HM-157B VHF at helm
Icom IC M802 SSB
RIGGING and SAILS
- Aluminum mast with triple spreaders
- Aluminum boom
- Aluminum spinnaker pole stored on deck
- Spinnaker pole track on front of mast
- Stainless steel Navtec rod rigging (fully inspected and serviced 2010)
- Babystay (new 2018)
- Harken headsail roller furling
- SSB insulated backstay
- 2 x pennant halyards under lower spreader
- Fine tune mainsheet system
- Traveler lines (new 2018)
- Boom vang rebuilt (2018)
- 3DL North 860 Marathon mainsail (2011) with full battens and 2 reefs
- 3DL North 140% genoa (2011) with UV leech and foot protection
- Mosquito screens
- 2 x propane tanks under helm seat
- Indicator lights for centerboard position
- Centerboard emergency stop button
- Centerboard up and down switches
- Suunto compass at wheel
- Lifesling 2 overboard rescue system
- Cockpit cushions (2019)
- Custom made china and glassware
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.